GNS Wireless specializes in designing and installing Marina WiFi solutions for outdoor environments including Yacht Club Wireless Networks and WiFi for Boat Slips. We provide a one stop shop for all your marina wifi equipment needs, in order to install a reliable, dependable, Marina WiFI Network Solution. We have the experience to answer any and all questions you may have along the way, so get started by calling GNS Wireless at 877-209-5152.
The objective of a Marina Wireless hotspot equipment package is to provide your Marina with a strong, reliable signal, that reaches the perimeter of your area. High power 802.11N, or 802.11AC Wi-Fi access points are used, in specific areas in order to provide the customer, using their Wi-Fi enabled devices found in notebook computers, PDA’s, and smartphones, Ipad Wi-Fi, Wi-Fi phones and other Wi-Fi enabled devices, with a reliable connection to the internet. Once the wireless network hotspot equipment is installed, the campground now has the option to provide a free complimentary service or an optional paid Wi-Fi service to give your customers who visit the campground options of connecting to the wireless network. Typically, the wireless network found at a Marina is free of charge, however if you choose to charge guests for wireless access, please ask us about installation of a hotspot gateway. GNS Wireless can assist in configuration and installation.
Marina WiFi Systems
|GNS-1445-1WN||2.4GHz, 7dBi Omni-Directional Antenna, 360 Degree Coverage, 802.11N High Power Access Point, POE||250ft.||$429.99|
|GNS-1446-1WN||2.4GHz, 9dBi Omni-Directional Antenna, 360 Degree Coverage, 802.11N Outdoor Access Point, POE||500ft.||$499.99|
|GNS-1447-1WN||2.4GHz, 11dBi Omni-Directional Antenna, 360 Degree Coverage, 802.11N High Power Access Point, POE||750ft.||$589.00|
|GNS-1448-1WN||2.4GHz, 12dBi Omni-Directional Antenna, 360 Degree Coverage, 802.11N Weatherproof Access Point, POE||1000ft.||$649.99|
|GNS-1449-1WN||2.4GHz, 15dBi Omni-Directional Antenna, 360 Degree Coverage, 802.11N High Power Access Point, POE||1000ft.||$699.99|
|GNS-1485||2.4GHz, 16dBi Directional Antenna, 120 Degree Coverage, 802.11N 24dBm Access Point, POE||1000ft.||$595.99|
|GNS-1585||2.4GHz, 14dBi Directional Sector Antenna, 120 Degree Coverage, 802.11N High Power Access Point, POE||750ft.||$528.00|
Marina WiFi signal boosters will allow you to extend the range beyond the 100ft. your existing wireless N router is providing. However, not only will you want to upgrade the outdoor wireless access points, you want to make sure the router you choose can support the same increased work load that the wireless access points can handle. Another words, if you upgrade your marina wifi setup to broadcast an extra 500ft. in all directions, you are now going to have more client devices on the wireless network. The increased usage on a typical wireless N router will most likely fail, or at the very minimum lock up, during peak usage times such as morning and after work. To prevent this, we carry a few basic, but reliable routers that are more commercial grade, and have the ability to also control bandwidth as your wireless network grows.
Commercial Grade Routers
An better quality router will not only stablize your marina wifi setup, increase security and reliability but will also allow you to set a maximum upload and download speed for all guests and devices connected to the wireless network. This will prevent any single user or device from “hogging” all available bandwidth.
- Cisco RV042 -This 4 port router has the ability to control bandwidth, and will support a maximum of 250 devices in its DHCP table.
- TP-Link TL-ER5120 -This 4 port router will control bandwidth, and allow you to support larger networks of up to 1000 devices in its DHCP table.
A hotspot gateway is basically a more advanced router, which serves a few more purposes. The Hotspot Gateway will serve as a DHCP server to the client network, act as a hardware firewall between the Internet and your local area network, and also provide you with custom features such as the following:
- Provide a Splash Screen for re-directing end users to the website of your choice
- Ability to control bandwidth upload/download speed.
- Provide a Terms of Service agreement page for clients to agree before being allowed access to the internet.
- Ability to change UN/PW at a moments notice
- Provide custom UN/PW per user, or globally for all users
- Advertisement page
- Much more
For marina or RV Parks with less than 100 users, the ZyXel UAG4100. Easy to use, Technical Support included.
For larger yacht clubs wifi setups, & RV Parks, the Nomadix AG2400, or AG5900 has ability to handle up to 2000 users with advanced customization.
More hotspot gateways and other information on network management can be found by clicking here.
Marina WiFi Signal Booster
Most Marinas that have large sail boats, or other obstructions in the area, and have an area of more than 1 acre will need a wifi booster, or wireless network wifi extender. Basically this means you will use the bath house, or maintenance shop on the property (power required), and install another high power access point. We will configure this access point to “repeat”, or “boost” the signal coming from the main office. Typically this is done by means of a wireless repeater, or for faster, higher quality results, we connect these remote locations using a wireless bridge kit. Either way, for larger coverage areas where more then 1 access point is needed for good wifi service, a campground wifi booster is used.
The Fastest way to get started on your new marina WiFi Equipment is to email us the address, or aerial view of your Campground. This can be from Google Earth, Bing, Yahoo Maps, or just a picture you have of the park map. You can send that image, or link to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would rather discuss your options over the phone…call us, we have techs that can assist you every step of the way. Toll Free: 877-209-5152
To Get Started:
- Email us the address or aerial view of your Marina/RV Park/Campground or other outdoor venue.
- A GNS Wireless technician will examine your application and go over your Wi-Fi coverage options.
- We will then provide product recommendations and email a line item quote for your review.
- Once approved, we will begin product configuration per your specification.
- Equipment is tested, labeled accordingly, packaged and shipped to your address.
- The items are now ready to install “out of the box”.
- A detailed overview map, product installation diagrams, and wiring schematics are included with your new equipment to make the installation process go smoothly. Technical support is included so you can contact us with any questions, concerns, or problems that may arise before/during and after the installation.